Good evening bloggys! Doing well, I hope!
After I last talked to you, I grabbed a handful of cashews, and headed out for my run.
I decided to run around the bridges by my house.
I continued running around the park until I reached my goal distance of four miles, then walked home.
That is the first time I’ve run four miles since last year. I felt incredibly strong the entire time, and I kept thinking how good it feels to be out accomplishing something for yourself. That’s really probably one of my favorite reasons to exercise. You never regret a workout.
When I got back in I made myself a green juice from a recipe I had seen posted on Katelyn’s blog earlier today.
Juice always makes me feel so energized, and this blend was particularly light and refreshing!
Once my juice was gone, and I had relaxed a bit I set about making dinner. I wanted something quick, easy, and nutritious, and this meal accomplished that goal perfectly.
1. Put water on to boil for desired amount of quinoa, adding boullion to the water. Preheat the oven to 400F.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Put frozen green beans in a gallon-size plastic bag, along with a bit of olive oil and a minced garlic clove. Shake until the beans are evenly coated in oil, then place on the baking sheet in a single layer, and bake for 20 minutes. Add quinoa to broth, once it comes to a boil, then turn down low to simmer.
3. Make Mmmm Sauce and set aside.
4. Open a can of kidney beans, rinse, and set aside.
5. Once the quinoa and the green beans have finished cooking, place some quinoa, kidney beans, and green beans all on a plate, and cover in Mmmm Sauce.
So delicious, but so easy.
Nothing for me to do now, but sit back, cuddle with my puppy dog, and wait for my boyfriend to get home from work!
Have a wonderful night!