Depsite yet another night with less than five hours of sleep, I actually had a pretty chill day. I wasn’t even that tired, although I think it’s finally starting to hit me.
This morning, I purposely slept in and let myself make the hour and a half drive over to Seattle, instead of waking up early enough to catch the ferry. An extra hour of sleep was definitely worth it, even if my hair did go straight out of the shower into a messy bun, and I’m not wearing any makeup.
Since I was driving, I stopped by Samudra Yoga before heading out of town to grab some breakfast. I ended up with a 20 oz iced chai with rice milk.
Plus a vegan pumpkin muffin.
I really can’t get enough of their vegan treats.
On my first break I grabbed a coconut curry wrap from the hospital cafeteria.
I had yet another good experience with these wraps from Globespun Gourmet. It was super yummy.
A bit later I had a salad that I packed for myself last night.
Spring mix, chickpeas, yellow bell pepper, cucumber, avocado, sunflower seeds, and Goddess. I think the avocado plus my usual amount of dressing was a bit much though. It was a bit too oily for my taste. Still tasty though!
My last break I had a bowl of organic lentil soup mixed with some sea salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast.
That’s it so far for food today. I’m sure I’ll grab a snack when I get home though.
Since I was in such a bad mood yesterday, I decided that today I would do a post about the things that I totally love at the moment. I figure, if I force myself to think about positive things, then my mood will take a turn for the positive, and it actually did help! Here’s the list I came up with:
1. My favorite boy, Keenan. Well, duh.
2. My favorite puppy, Arlo. Especially how excited he gets when I come home from work, and his awesome cuddling abilities.
3. My favorite role-models, the parents.
4. My favorite shoes this summer, my Tom’s and my Rainbows. I live in these (along with my Havaianas).
5. My favorite dressing.
6. My favorite True Religion jeggings.
7. My favorite way to sleep in when the sun is shining in my window is using this eye mask. I got it at Victoria’s Secret a few years ago.
8. My favorite vegan cookbooks. I use post-its to mark the recipes that I want to try.
9. My favorite sunglasses that I wear pretty much everyday, rain or shine.
10. My favorite water bottle, the 40 oz Kleen Kanteen.
11. My favorite workout, running.
12. My favorite weather, sunshine.
11. My favorite storage device, Ball jars.
13. My favorite days, “weekends”!
Speaking of which, I’m about to go start my “weekend”! I hope you have a fabulous week!
What are some of your favorite things?